Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine
Moss Point Marine Inc. of Escatawpa, Miss., has delivered the 6,000-hp, 214-foot Nicor Power to Nicor Marine Inc., of New Orleans.
With her extraordinary horsepower and supply vessel capacities above and below decks, the 214 by 44 by 16 fits a new description of workboat. "This is certainly no regular offthe- shelf vessel built for regional use," pointed out a Moss Point Marine official. "She's custom designed, engineered and constructed for worldwide adaptability and performance." The Nicor Power has a propulsion system that starts with a set of EMD 16-645-E-7B main engines. Electric power is supplied by two Delco 150-kw 12V71 generators and auxiliary Detroit Diesel 12V71-N engines. For added maneuverability, a Harbor Master 550 bow thruster supplied by Murray & Tregurtha is included in the vessel's propulsion list. Engine controls were furnished by Wabco, while Continental Electric supplied the genset control panel. Kort nozzles, Coolidge stainlesssteel five-blade (102 « 110)) props and Reintjes reduction gears complete the propulsion package.
With all this power and size, the Nicor Power has a capacities list to match. Above deck, with a certified bollard pull strength of 80 tons, she features a Smatco hydraulic tugger winch powered by a Detroit Diesel 12V71 engine. Even with this equipment, her clear deck space measures 120 by 36. Other top deck equipment includes a powerful HBL double wildcat anchor windlass.
Below decks, the Nicor Power contains unusually large bulk mud, liquid mud, water and fuel storage capacities: 239,000 gallons of drill water; 21,000 gallons of potable water; 130,000 gallons of fuel; 1,300 barrels liquid mud; and 6,000 cubic feet bulk mud storage capacity.
Miscellaneous equipment on the vessel includes a Kahlenberg horn; Carlisle & Finch searchlights; Perko running and navigation lights; 12-man Switlik life rafts and an Avon inflatable rescue boat. Fuel, fire and bilge pumps were all supplied by Aurora.
Among her electronics list are a set of Furuno 1011 radars; Stephens SEA 106-1 SSB and Sailor RT-144 VHF radiotelephones; Sperry autopilot; TI 9000 Loran; Decca 801 SatNav; a pair of Simrad Skipper 603 depth sounders; EMI Ken Cognivich monitors and alarms and Epiliso Sperry MV37-D compass.
Crew quarters contain a total of 24 berths, complete galley with separate walk-in freezer and refrigerator and comfortable dining/recreation areas.
The Nicor Power is both USCG and ABS (Ice Class C) certified.
Other stories from October 1983 issue
- Jeffboat Building Three Title XI Approved Cruise Vessels Worth $28-Million page: 4
- Tacoma Boat Completes $143-Million Financing To Build Two Thai Corvettes page: 5
- Blue Star Line To Add Four New Reefer Ships page: 5
- Centrico Forms New Mineral Oil Group Headed By Lohmeyer page: 5
- Joint Venture Receives Title XI For $109-Million Chemical Carrier page: 6
- COMSAT World Systems Division Announces Three Vice Presidential Changes page: 7
- National Steel Receives $13-Million Order To Overhaul The U.S.S. Cayuga page: 7
- Title XI Approved On $24-Million Package For Puget Sound Tug & Barge page: 8
- Lamberts Point Barge Title XI Approved For $20-Million Coal Barge page: 8
- E U R O P O R T ' 83 page: 8
- MARCO Pacific Shipbuilding Formed In Taiwan page: 9
- St. Louis Ship Delivers 6,000-HP Towing/Supply Boat To Gulf Fleet Marine page: 10
- Construction Of Two RAN Minehunters Progressing At Carrington Slipways page: 12
- FISH EXPO '33 page: 14
- Marine Coating Directory Is Offered By Farboil page: 19
- Radm. Meyer Receives New Assignment page: 20
- B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N. page: 21
- Emergency Medical Course Offered By Marine Safety page: 21
- National Marine Opens New Facility In Norfolk page: 22
- $19.9-Million Contract Awarded Tracor By Navy page: 22
- Icebreaking Supply Vessel M/V Miscaroo Delivered By Vancouver Shipyards page: 22
- Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager page: 23
- Hydranautics Shiplift Commissioned At Hyundai page: 23
- Terry To Manufacture And Sell AEG-Kanis Steam Turbines In North America —Literature Available page: 24
- High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service page: 24
- M/V GRAND REPUBLIC page: 26
- NATO FRIGATES Current Situation And Future Design Trends page: 26
- Harris Awarded $12-Million WATERCOM Telephone Contract page: 32
- Environmental Systems Changes Name To Electrolux Envirovac page: 32
- Soviet Merchant Fleet Now 'Blankets The Globe' page: 33
- Drilling Rig Dry Transport Cuts 11,000-Mile Sailing Time In Half page: 34
- Notional Supply Advances Ayers To Product Manager page: 34
- Wijsmuller's First 'Mighty Servant' Heavy-Lift Carrier Is Commissioned page: 36
- Nichols Brothers Launches M/V Tiny page: 36
- CDI Marine Announces Management Reorganization page: 38
- Daewoo Delivers $74-Million Offshore Rig page: 39
- Change In Personnel Licensing Regulations For Commercial Ships Sought By U.S. Coast Guard page: 40
- Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine page: 40
- Marathon Oilfield Service Offers Color Brochure On Rigs And Resources page: 41
- Bath Iron Appoints Four New Directors page: 41
- Hitachi Announces Top Management Appointments page: 42
- Burrard Yarrows Delivers Icebreaker/Utility Vessels To Gulf Canada Resources page: 42
- NKK To Build Mobile Drilling Island For Beaufort Sea Project page: 42
- Peterson Builders Offers 56-page Review Of 50 Years Of Boatbuilding History page: 43
- Tenneco In Joint Venture To Operate Its Own Service Boats In Gulf page: 43
- McDermott Derrick Barge 27 Upgraded to 2,400-Ton Lift page: 47
- USCG Gentian Recommissioned After $8.3-Million Renovation page: 47
- Navidyne And Medical Advisory Systems Provide Free Introductory Medical Service page: 47
- Twin City Shipyard Delivers Split Hull Barges To Panama page: 49
- Wartsila AB Delivers LPG/Ammonia Tanker To Maraven In Venezuela page: 49
- Daewoo Employs Unique Floating Drydock And Ship Transfer System page: 49
- Blount Marine Delivers Star of Chicago To Star Line Corporation page: 53
- 380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore page: 54
- General Dynamics Building Cargo Transfer Platform Barge With National Jacking System page: 54
- Nashville Bridge Delivers Pair of Utility Barges To Piling-Structures Inc. page: 58