Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager
Stanley Clark, president of Raytheon Marine Company and Apelco Marine Electronics, has announced the relocation of Apelco's headquarters for sales, service and distribution from Manchester, N.H., to Tampa, Fla.
At the same time, Mr. Clark announced John Vourloumis, formerly national sales manager of Cybernet Marine Division, has been appointed marketing manager of Apelco Marine Electronics.
Mr. Vourloumis has responsibility for sales of the complete Apelco line of marine electronics, worldwide.
"We think we have the right person to take an aggressive new market position for Apelco," said Mr. Clark. "With Raytheon's engineering resources, and John's record of success in the industry, we look forward to expanding Apelco's product line, and providing wide distribution and improved service." In addition to products such as recording echosounders, flashing depth sounders, radiotelephones, and loud hailer, Apelco products include the new ALC-900 Loran-C Navigator, and Clipper 54AS and 90AS VHF-FM Marine Radiotelephones, introduced this year.
Among products to be introduced this winter are a new EPIRB, and an ADF with EPIRB "homing" capabilities, and other fish-finding and communication equipment For a free catalog of Apelco products, Write 8 9 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 15, 1983 issue
- Jeffboat Building Three Title XI Approved Cruise Vessels Worth $28-Million page: 4
- Centrico Forms New Mineral Oil Group Headed By Lohmeyer page: 5
- National Steel Receives $13-Million Order To Overhaul The U.S.S. Cayuga page: 7
- E U R O P O R T ' 83 page: 8
- Marine Coating Directory Is Offered By Farboil page: 19
- Radm. Meyer Receives New Assignment page: 20
- B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N. page: 21
- Emergency Medical Course Offered By Marine Safety page: 21
- Icebreaking Supply Vessel M/V Miscaroo Delivered By Vancouver Shipyards page: 22
- Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager page: 23
- Hydranautics Shiplift Commissioned At Hyundai page: 23
- High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service page: 24
- NATO FRIGATES Current Situation And Future Design Trends page: 26
- Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine page: 40
- Marathon Oilfield Service Offers Color Brochure On Rigs And Resources page: 41
- Bath Iron Appoints Four New Directors page: 41
- Burrard Yarrows Delivers Icebreaker/Utility Vessels To Gulf Canada Resources page: 42
- NKK To Build Mobile Drilling Island For Beaufort Sea Project page: 42
- Tenneco In Joint Venture To Operate Its Own Service Boats In Gulf page: 43
- Twin City Shipyard Delivers Split Hull Barges To Panama page: 49
- Wartsila AB Delivers LPG/Ammonia Tanker To Maraven In Venezuela page: 49
- Daewoo Employs Unique Floating Drydock And Ship Transfer System page: 49
- 380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore page: 54
- General Dynamics Building Cargo Transfer Platform Barge With National Jacking System page: 54