Sternwheeler 'Music City Queen7 Delivered By Marine Builders
The new 400-passenger Music City Queen (shown above) was christened recently in her home port of Nashville, Tenn., according to Dr.
Hugh D. Claughton, owner and president of Belle Carol Riverboat Company of that city. His daughter, Carol Ann Claughton, was the vessel's sponsor.
The 135-foot luxury riverboat was built by Marine Builders in Utica, Ind. She sailed down the Ohio River to Paducah, Ky., then up the Cumberland River to Nashville. The fourth vessel in the company's fleet, the Queen sails on regularly scheduled cruises from Nashville's Downtown Riverfront Park, which was the original site for docking of steamboats about the turn of the century.
"The Music City Queen has been created in the tradition of the sternwheeler riverboats that dominated Southern rivers in the 1800s," explains Dr. Claughton, and has a decor designed to transport passengers back in time to an era in history when riverboats were the source of entertainment, fine dining, and escape from the fast pace of life." The first deck houses a catering area, bar/lounge, dining room, and stage for the variety of musical groups and entertainers who appear nightly. The second deck has its own bar, lounge, and dining area.
From this deck passengers can observe the entertainment on the main deck. These two enclosed, air conditioned decks provide year-round comfort where passengers can enjoy dining then take moonlight walks on the two upper decks.
The new Queen, which has an 85- foot hull and beam of 35 feet, completed a rigid U.S. Coast Guard inspection prior to entering service, and has the most up-to-date safety features.
Other stories from October 15, 1984 issue
- McDermott Scotland Gets $ 8 5 + Million Order For Offshore Jacket & Modules page: 4
- Keel Laid At Jeffboat Yard For Paddlewheeler 'General Jackson' page: 6
- Bender Monitors Protect Offshore Power Supplies page: 6
- Hyundai Delivers First Ship Built In Korea For Australian Owner page: 6
- Cantrill Appointed Vice President of Sales For Lister Diesel Inc. page: 7
- Helton Appointed Vice President Of Sea-Land Alaska Division—Other Promotions Announced page: 7
- Cape-Bay Shipbuilders Offer Free Literature On "American Tug-Yacht 38' page: 8
- Capital Marine Uses Computer Technology To Streamline Business page: 8
- KaMeWa Reports Lively Interest In Water Jet Propulsion Units page: 9
- Hirt Named West Gulf Operations Manager For Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 9
- St. Augustine Trawlers Awarded Contract To Build Cat-Powered Vessel page: 11
- Most Powerful Heavy Lift Cargo Ship Delivered by Hitachi Zosen page: 11
- United Technologies Names Skiba Operations Director For Diesel Systems Unit page: 14
- Literature Available On Harbormaster Transverse Mounted Propulsion Unit page: 14
- Hyde Awarded Contracts For Deck Machinery On Korean-Built Vessels page: 16
- Scientific-Atlanta Gets $8.5-Million Contract For Shipboard Platform Work page: 16
- New Literature Describes Neese Protective Clothing page: 16
- GASTECH '84 page: 18
- PAMS Installs New Drydock At Its River Plant page: 22
- Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Marine Fire Protection page: 22
- Sternwheeler 'Music City Queen7 Delivered By Marine Builders page: 26
- 70-Page Color Brochure And Orderbook Chart Available From Samsung page: 26
- Furuno Appoints New Direct Sales Force page: 28
- Hitachi Completes Crude/Products Carrier For Arapaho Shipping page: 28
- Crude/Chemical/Products Tanker Delivered By Wartsila's Turku Yard page: 30
- Big Ship Radar Line Introduced By Furuno page: 30
- EXPOSHIP Far East 84 page: 32
- Literature Available On Supercompact Radar From Furuno page: 35
- New Brochure Describes Heat Exchanger Designs page: 35
- Etheridge, Mangum And Brightwell Join SOFEC In Houston Office page: 35
- Halifax Shipyard Gets Contract For C$10.7 Million To Modernize Canadian Coast Guard Tender page: 39
- Pientka And Brooks Named Vice Presidents At Comstat TeleSystems page: 39
- Newport News Shipbuilding Readies Roosevelt For Launch page: 39
- Multipurpose Vessel xHoegh Dyke' Delivered By Wartsila's Turku Yard page: 40
- Hugh Morgan Elected Vice Chairman And A Director Of Sonat Inc. page: 40
- ASMAR Completes Repairs To Chilean-Owned Frieghter page: 45
- Articulated Loading Platform Now Operating At Mobil's Statfjord XXC" Site page: 46
- Wartsila To Build 2,500-Passenger Ferry For Rederi AB Slite page: 46
- Mitsui Completes Big Products Tanker For Olympos Trading Corporation page: 47