Willi Becker Rudder Installed On Converted ' M / V Seabulk America'
Willi Becker Ingenieurbiiro GmbH of Germany supplied a highperformance hi-lift flap rudder for the recently reconstructed 46,300- dwt chemical tanker M/V Seabulk America.
Working with consultants on the project, Willi Becker Ingenieurbiiro worked on a proposal for a high-performance flap rudder, after it was found that the vessel's existing rudder would be unsuitable following her conversion. Willi Becker supplied the largest SA-type Becker rudder, with rudder blades with an area of 36 square meters.
According to Willi Becker, the rudder performed extremely well during sea trials to both the satisfaction of the company and the owner, Hvide Shipping, Inc., Ft.
More than 4,000 vessels have been equipped with Willi Beckerdesigned rudders. These vessels represent various types and sizes, from small- and medium-sized fishing boats, cargo liners, supply and Navy vessels to large passenger ships, car carriers and 150,000-dwt tankers.
Most recently, Willi Becker Ingenieurbiiro has developed a free hanging rudder designs with areas of 55 meters square for a 150,000- dwt tanker under construction.
For free literature detailing Willi Becker flap type rudders, Circle 6 8 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 1990 issue
- Hvide Takes Delivery Of Reconstructed Chemical Tanker page: 6
- Wartsila Diesel Introduces In-Line Version Of Nohab 25 Engine page: 6
- Willi Becker Rudder Installed On Converted ' M / V Seabulk America' page: 7
- Norway Export Award Goes To Peter Lombard page: 7
- Major EC Yards Outline 'Eurotanker' Development page: 8
- MSI/CAORF Offers Safety Course In Tug/Barge Handling page: 8
- Diversified Technologies Supplies Launch/Retrieval System For Steam Tanker page: 9
- Gladding-Hearn Building N.Y. City Harbor Survey Boat page: 10
- NKK To Build First LNG Carrier To Use Technigaz Mark III Membrane-Type Cargo Tank System page: 11
- Balehi Marine Delivers 1,800-HP Towboat 'Lake Charles' To Conoco Oil Company page: 11
- Sea-Land To Repower Huge Containerships With MAN B&W Gensets page: 12
- NEI Syncrolift Receives Orders For Five New Lifts For Three Continents page: 13
- Trinity Marine To Develop Process To Construct Double-Hull Tankers page: 13
- Meyer Werft Delivers Third In Series Of Six Gas Carriers For USSR page: 13
- MARCO Receives Order For Oil Spill Recovery Boat; Completes Trawler Lengthening page: 14
- San Carlos Factory Offers Wide Range Of Marine Boilers And Equipment page: 15
- European Yards Look To 'Formula' To Compete With Their Far East Counterparts page: 16
- Are American Shipyards Competitive? page: 17
- Survey Reveals Recovery Of Small- And Medium-Sized Yards page: 18
- New Tugboat Is First In Delaware Waters In Over 50 Years page: 19
- Comsat Introduces New SeaMail® Electronic Service page: 19
- OUTSTANDING OCEANGOING SHIPS OF 1990 page: 20
- $1.3 BILLION AVAILABLE TO INITIATE SEALIFT SHIP CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM page: 27
- Cost Of Naval Operations In Persian Gulf Region Continues To Escalate page: 32
- Ingalls Shipbuilding Christens Aegis Cruiser Anzio—15th Of 19 Being Built For U.S. Navy page: 34
- Cruise + Ferry 91 Set For May 29-31 In London page: 41
- 1991 Ship Production Symposium, San Diego, September 4-6, 1991, Issues Call For Papers page: 42
- Hitachi Zosen Completes 275,993-Dwt Tanker Sea Duke page: 42
- Congressional Leaders Take Hard Line On Foreign Shipbuilding Subsidies page: 43
- Trinity Marine Wins $9-Million Contract To Build Matson Barge page: 43
- 4,000-HP Tug Delivered By Main Iron Works To Coastal Tug & Barge page: 45
- Hitachi Zosen Selects Argo Marine As U.S. Agent For Engine Parts Sales page: 47
- Three Quays Sign Agreement For Ultramar Newbuildings page: 47
- Hull Electronics Announces New Linear Amplifiers page: 48
- Deere Commercial Marine Engine Marketing Plans On Stream For Early 1991 page: 48
- Homeport Marine Services Completes Rework Project On 180-Foot 'Ebb Tide II' page: 50
- Onan Introduces Sea Aux® Gensets page: 50