Whitehall Club Elects J.J. Henry President
James J. Henry has been elected president of the Whitehall Club at 17 Battery Place, New York, N.Y., to serve the 1976-77 term. Mr. Henry has served as a governor of the club for the past 15 years, two of those years as second vice president and an additional two years as first vice president.
Serving as chairman of the board of J.J. Henry Co., Inc., a firm he founded in 1947, Mr. Henry has been responsible for numerous innovations in ship design. Today, the company is one of the world's leaders in the field of naval architecture.
Mr. Henry is a recipient of the Vice Admiral "Jerry" Land Medal, presented for "Outstanding Accomplishments in the Maritime Field," and the Elmer A. Sperry Award for advancing the art of transportation. He serves on the board of managers of the American Bureau of Shipping, and is a member of the Executive Committee and past president of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. He has been past chairman and is currently vice chairman of the board of trustees of his alma mater, Webb Institute. Mr. Henry is also a member of the Oceanographic Advisory Committee to the Secretary of the Navy and the Academic Advisory Board of the U.S.
Coast Guard Academy.